整理编辑：广东省学位英语考试网 发布时间：2022-08-02 阅读量：0
一、Dialogue Completion (15 Points)
Directions: There are 15 short incomplete dialogues in this part, each followed by 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the best one to complete the dialogue and mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET.
1. Speaker A: I want to take part in the school Talent Show.
Speaker B: That’s nice! ______.
Speaker A: Well, I like to sing.
A. I’m behind you 100 percent. B. What would you want to do?
C. Are you sure? D. Go for it.
2. Mike: Do you mind if I open the door?
Susan: ______. The wind will blow my papers around.
A. Please don’t. B. Just do it.
C. No, go right ahead. D. It’s up to you.
3. Speaker A: I was hoping you would stay on a bit longer.
Speaker B: ______, but I have to get up early tomorrow.
A. I think so B. I wish I could too
C. Thank you D. I really have to go.
4. Speaker A: Guess what, mum? I got the scholarship!
Speaker B: ______. I’m so pround of you.
A. Well done! B. I like it.
C. You are kidding! D. Good luck.
5. Speaker A: Good morning, Mr.Thomas. Dou you have time now?
Speaker B: ______.
Speaker A: I would like to discuss with you about my job.
A. Let me see. B. Not now.
C. Sure. What is it? D. How long will it take?
6. Tim: You look unhappy, ______?
Linda: I’m having some problems with maths.
A. What do you need B. What’s new
C. You know what D. What’s up
7. Speaker A: What a wonderful dinner!
Speaker B: Thank you. ______.
A. I hope you like it. B. I’m glad you’re enjoying it.
C. Is everything fine? D. You are welcome.
8. Marie: Hey, Greg. Let’s go to the County Show this weekend.
Greg: ______ I have to do my school project, remember?
A. As you like. B. I’d be glad to.
C. Do we have to? D. Why not?
9. Dad: Do you want any breakfast?
Emma: ______. I’m really hungry.
A. I’m not sure B. Well, if you insist
C. I can go without it D. Yes, I do
10. John: I’m tired. I’m having next week off.
Lily: ______. The break will do you good.
A. What happened to you? B. Are you serious?
C. That’s a good idea. D. You don’t really mean it, do you?
11. Mark: I don’t know about you, but I’m fed up with this wet weather.
Linda: ______. I’m just looking for some sunshine.
A. Me, too B. Neither do I
C. Who knows? D. It’s Ok
12. Mary: What was the match like?
Lucas: ______, especially when Messi scored in the closing minutes.
A. It made me sleepy B. It was a joke
C. It was a dull game D. It was really exciting
13. Speaker A: Could I meet with you to dicuss the preparation?
Speaker B: Good. We could meet on Tuesday or Wednesday. ______?
Speaker A. Tuesday would be good for me.
A. How about you B. Which day would you prefer
C. Any other suggestions D. Is it good for you
14. Husband: You aren’t going out dressed like that, are you?
Wife: ______? I thought I looked really smart.
A.Can you believe it
B.Be nice, Ok
C.How do you think of it
D.Why? What’s wrong with it
15. Josh: Give me your homework so I can copy it.
Ellen: ______ You should do it yourself.
A.Take it. B.No way!
C.I’ll tell you what. D.What seems to be the problem?
二、Vocabulary and Structure (20 points)
Directions: There are 40 incomplete sentences in this section．For each sentence there are 4 choices marked A,B,C and D. Choose the one that best completes the sentence. Mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET.
36.I didn’t believe in this treatment before, but after I tried I found that it really ______.
A.worked B. mattered C. passed D. did
37. It is important for a child to share toys in order to ______ good social skills,
A. release B. invent C. develop D. start
38. She refers to me as her closest and dearest friend, ______ we met just two weeks ago.
A. as B. even if C. as though D. even though
39. When you get upset, you should take deep breaths to main a sense of ______.
A. calm B. humor C. duty D. security
40. ______ they have the same name, American and English football are very different.
A. Since B. Although C. For D. Whereas
41. Emily Dickinson did not become popular ______ her death, when much of her writing was discovered.
A. until B. soon after C. shortly before D. up till
42. My ex-boyfriend’s presence at the party made me ______, so every time he came near, I headed in the other direction.
A. puzzled B. delighted C. uncomfortable D. interested
43. The horse race was so close that we had to watch a playback of the video to ______ the winner.
A. realize B. announce C. award D. determine
44. The animals, highly sensitive to pollution, can ______ monitor of water quality.
A. serve as B. work for C. cope with D. relate
45. The drama school, ______ places to students who can show talent.
A. donates B. offers C. lists D. supplies
46. When my girlfriend told me I had tomato sauce all over my lips, I ______ reached for a napkin.
A. gradually B. immediately C. reluctantly D. skillfully
47. Kay wanted to pull her hair out(发怒) ______ because her busy schedule did not allow time for relaxation.
A. in amusement B. with excitement
C. in frustration D. with boredom
48. Transport is not included but can be arranged at your ______.
A. desire B. request C. wish D. demand
49. It is a challenging task, one that should not be taken ______.
A. seriously B. fully C. lightly D. quickly
50. The windows will allow a clear ______ of the beach.
A. look B. sight C. vision D. view
51. More and more people come from rural areas ______ better job opportunities.
A. in charge of B. in search of C. in memory of D. in honor of
52. ______ the damage is done, not even modern surgery can undo it entirely.
A. Though B. For C. Once D. Unless
53. He ______ that I am unqualified for the job, even though he didn’t come out and say it directly.
A. claimed B. implied C. declared D. inferred
54. If you continue to eat junk food, you’ll ______ sick and overweight.
A. give in B. go on C. set off D. end up
55. Hard as they try, these birds have ______ small wings that they can not fly.
A. such B. so C. too D. that
56. Is there a connection between _____ you eat and maintaining good health?
A. that B. which C. what D. whatever
57. Who smokes more, educated people ______ less educated people?
A. and B. or C. but D. as
58. Thanks to the angle ______ he stood, he could see the sunset.
A. at which B. in which C. at that D. in that
59. He doesn’t talk too much, but what he says is always ____ the point.
A. for B. on C. at D. to
60. I used to smoke, but I ______ anymore.
A. didn’t B. don’t C. wasn’t D. won’t.
61. The ice was not ______ to bear the weight of the men.
A. thick enough B. thick as C. too thick D. enough sick
62. We won’t be getting married until we ______ enough money.
A. will save B. save C. saved D. have saved
63. You ______ us, for we could have come to help you.
A. should tell B. should have told
C. would tell D. would have told
64. ______ like candlelight for creating a romantic mood.
A. They are nothing B. There are nothing
C. It is nothing D. There is nothing
65. He suffered from poor eyesight and could ______ read properly.
A. no more B. no longer C. any more D. any longer
66. The systems remain basically the same as ____ in use half a century ago.
A. those B. that C. ones D. the one
67. Some people express their love through words, ______ others show their affection by giving presents.
A. when B. where C. while D. for
68. When we give the children ice cream, they immediately ceased ______.
A. crying B. to cry C. to be crying D. cry
69. I read the newspaper every day ______ I can stay informed about current events.
A. in that B. so that C. in case that D. for fear that
70. ______ many days in the desert, the explorer was relieved when he eventually found water.
A. Before B. During C. Within D. After
71. I didn’t realize that I passed the exit on the highway until it was ______.
A. too late B. a bit late C. rather early D. a bit early
72. The blue whale is ______ any other animal on earth.
A. no bigger than B. as big as
C. the biggest of D. bigger than
73. One of the basic rules of having a dog is that you ______ give it exercise every day.
A. will B. can C. may D. must
74. This was the last week of school and they ______ for their finals.
A. prepare B. were preparing
C. would prepare D. have prepared
75. The car was stolen while ______ in a Paris Street.
A. parking B. to be parking C. parked D. being parked