整理编辑：广东省学位英语考试网 发布时间：2022-08-02 16:21:03 阅读量：0
一、Dialogue Completion (15 points)
Directions: There are 15 short incomplete dialogues in this part, each followed by 4 choices marked A, B. C and D. Choose the best one to complete the dialogue and mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET.
1. Speaker A: Waiter, ________
Speaker B: Wait a minute, sir. That’s $80 altogether.
A. Would you charge me? B. Menu, please?
C. Would you take the money? D. May I have the bill, please?
2. Speaker A: Do you mind if I keep pets in this building?
Speaker B: ________
A. Who knows? B. I would rather you didn’t.
C. Yeah, I love pets. D. No, you can’t.
3. Speaker A: This apple tastes nice. Could i have another one?
Speaker B: ________
A. Mind your hand. B. Yes, you could.
C. I’m sorry. D. Be my friend.
4.Tom: Could I use your car for a day?
Jack: ________ But you need to drive carefully.
A. That’s right. B. Sure.
C. Never mind. D. I’m pleased.
Patient: I’m much better. My stomach problem is gone.
A. Do you have anything to declare, sir?
B. Good morning, may I help you?
C. What seems the problem?
D. How are you feeling today?
6.Amy: Mr. Gordon asked me to remind you of the meeting this afternoon. Don’t you forget it.
Lucy: OK, I ________
A. prefer to. B. won’t
C. suppose so. D. do.
7.Mike: Madam, do all the buses go downtown?
A. Wow, you got the idea. B. No, never mind.
C. Sorry, I’m new here. D. Pretty well, I guess.
8. Jenny: Shall we go out for dinner tonight?
A. You are right. B. It must be funny.
C. Have a nice time. D. That sounds great.
9. Speaker A: I sent a package to dallas two days ago and it still hasn’t arrived. My tracking number is 641-24.
Speaker B: OK, Mr. Smith ________ but our delivery person said that there was no such address.
A. Don’t be angry. B. Stay calm.
C. We attempted to deliver it. D. Thanks for asking me.
10. Maggie: Hello, could I speak to Justin, please.
A. Yes, please. B. Yes, you can.
C. Who are you? D. Speaking.
11. William: I’d like to invite you to dinner this Sunday, Mr. Smith.
A. No, let’s not.
B. I’d rather stay at home.
C. No, that’ll be too much trouble.
D. I’d love to, but I have other plans.
12. Mavis: How is everything, Ruth?
A. Not too bad. B. Well, thank you.
C. It’s all right, thanks. D. Not at all.
13. Mori: I’m pleased to meet you here.
A. I didn’t expect to see you here. B. You are too hospitable.
C. Thank you so much. D. Pleased to meet you, too.
14. Joe: Thank you for everything you’ve done for me during my stay here.
Henry: You’re welcome ________
A. It doesn’t matter. B. It’s my job.
C. Yes, I’d love to. D. Be careful.
15. `Donna: Can you tell me where the library is?
Harry: Of course, it’s behind the teaching building.
A. Don’t be so sure. B. I’m happy to have done it.
C. You are welcome. D. I’m glad you like it.
二、Vocabulary and Structure (20 points)
Directions: There are 40 incomplete sentence in this part. For each sentence there are 4 choices marked A, B ,C and D. Choose the one that best completes the sentence. Mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET.
36. As the train will not leave until one hour later, we__________grab a bite at the snack bar.
A. may well B. just as well
C. might as well D. as well
37. During the last three decades the number of people participating in physical fitness programs _________sharply.
A. were increasing B. has increased
C. had increased D. have increased
38.___for the timely investment from the general public, our company would not be so thriving it is.
A. Were it not B. Be it not
C. Should it not be D. Had it not be
39.—Did you scold him for his carelessness?
---Yes, but _________it.
A. I’d rather not have done B.I’d rather do
C.I should do D.I’d better not do
40. Not until a monkey is several years old _________to exhibits signs of independence from his mother.
A. it does begin B. when it begins
C. before it begins D. does it begin
41 Scientists now have some surprising answers about whether brain power ___as we get older.
A. reduce B. descends
C. declines D. collapses
42. These books are designed to _________children.
A. agree with B. apply for
C. appeal to D. address to
43. The school isn’t the one I really wanted to go, but I suppose I’ll just have to _________it.
A. get away from B. make the best of
C. keep an eye on D. catch up with
44. Constant showers are characters ___the summer here.
A. for B. to
C. with D. of
45. We must find a way to cut prices _________reducing our profits too much.
A. despite B. without
C. with D. for
46.This special school accepts all disabled students, _________educational level and background.
A. regardless of B. according to
C. in addition to D. in terms of
47 Membership in the United Nations is open to all peace-loving states which accept the ___of the Charter.
A. obligations B. debts
C. credit D. rights
48.They are building the dam in _________with another firm.
A. association B. comparison
C. touch D. tune
49.They shy girl felt quite _________and uncomfortable when she could not answer the interview’s question.
A. amused B. sensitive
C. awkward D. curious
50.The two parties haven’t reached any agreement, but decided to set another date for _________talks.
A. deeper B. slower
C. longer D.further
51. The hotel was reasonably comfortable but the food lacked _________and the service was poor.
A. energy B. standard
C. heat D. variety
52. Born into a family with three brothers, David was _________to value the sense of sharing.
A. turn down B. brought up
C. looked after D. held back
53. A lorry ______ Jane’s cat and sped away.
A. ran into B. ran over
C. ran through D. ran down
54. There was such a long queue outside the China Pavilion that we _________gave up.
A. unfortunately B.purposefully
C. initially D.eventually
55. Visitors from the USA have increased _________8 percent since last year.
A. by B. in
C. with D. from
56. I gave John a present but he gave me nothing _________.
A. in turn B. in return
C. in advance D. in vain
57. The chemical factory was torn down _________protecting the environment.
A. in spite of B. in honor of
C. in the name of D. in favor of
58. The historical church was _________damaged in a fire attack on 21 Dec.,2007.
A. extensively B. intensively
C. decisively D. repeatedly
59. Many people complain of the rapid _________of modern life.
A. rate B. speed
C. growth D. pace
60.We can’t emphasize _________the importance of air and water for the survival of all species.
A. too much B. very much
C. pretty much D. quite much
61. Language belongs to each member of the society, to the cleaner _________to the professor.
A. as far as B. the same as
C. as long as D. as much as
62. There are ten stories in this book, _________are the most interesting ones.
A. the first four of them B. the first four of those
C. the first dour of which D. the first four
63.While being questioned on the court, the man denied _________ the ole lady’s necklace.
A.having taken B. taking
C. to have taken D. to take
64.You should respect others’opinions, and at the same time you should insist on _________ you believe is right.
A. what B. that
C. which D. where
65. It was known to us all that Johnson had broken his promise __________ he would give each of us a small gift.
A. as B. what
C. which D. that
66. As a new graduate, he doesn’t know __________ it takes to start a business here.
A. what B. how
C. when D. which
67. Not until I began to work did I realize how much time I __________.
A. wasted B. have wasted
C. had wasted D. was wasted
68. Have you checked all the CDs _________ to the mountainous area next week?
A. to be sent B. sent
C. sending D. being sent
69. The literature teacher was a Hollywood movie and insisted his students _________ to see it.
A. went B. go
C. is going D. will go
70. Having finished his homework, he went on _________ a novel written by Dickens.
A. to read B. reading
C. with reading D. read
71. John Smith, a diligent student, never refuses to _________ more responsibilities that are assigned to him.
A. take in B. take up
C. take off D. take on
72. A news report is usually very short, _________ when it is about something very important.
A. except B. besides
C. apart from D. except that
73. When we arrive at the airport, we were told our flight _________.
A. had canceled B. had been canceled
C. has been canceled D. canceled
74. Millions of Americans take vitamins and minerals, _________ that these pills can help to prevent serious illnesses.
A. convinced B. convincing
C. to convince D. to be convinced
75. _________ relatively costly, the engine is highly efficient and needs serving infrequently.
A. Even B. It is
C. There is D. Even though
- 2021 年 4 月广东学位英语真题(A ...10-14