整理编辑：广东省学位英语考试网 发布时间：2019-12-19 00:00:00 阅读量：0
Part I Dialogue Completion (15 Points)
Directions:There are 15 short incomplete dialogues in this part, each followed by 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the best one to complete the dialogue and mark your answer on theANSWER SHEET.
1. Speaker A: I want to take part in the school Talent Show.
Speaker B: That’s nice! ______.
Speaker A: Well, I like to sing.
A. I’m behind you 100 percent.
B. What would you want to do?
C. Are you sure?
D. Go for it.
2. Mike: Do you mind if I open the door?
Susan: ______. The wind will blow my papers around.
A. Please don’t.
B. Just do it.
C. No, go right ahead.
D. It’s up to you.
3. Speaker A: I was hoping you would stay on a bit longer.
Speaker B: ______, but I have to get up early tomorrow.
A. I think so
B. I wish I could too
C. Thank you
D. I really have to go.
4. Speaker A: Guess what, mum? I got the scholarship!
Speaker B: ______. I’m so pround of you.
A. Well done!
B. I like it.
C. You are kidding!
D. Good luck.
5. Speaker A: Good morning, Mr.Thomas. Dou you have time now?
Speaker B: ______.
Speaker A: I would like to discuss with you about my job.
A. Let me see.
B. Not now.
C. Sure. What is it?
D. How long will it take?
6. Tim: You look unhappy, ______?
Linda: I’m having some problems with maths.
A. What do you need
B. What’s new
C. You know what
D. What’s up
7. Speaker A: What a wonderful dinner!
Speaker B: Thank you. ______.
A. I hope you like it.
B. I’m glad you’re enjoying it.
C. Is everything fine?
D. You are welcome.
8. Marie: Hey, Greg. Let’s go to the County Show this weekend.
Greg: ______ I have to do my school project, remember?
A. As you like.
B. I’d be glad to.
C. Do we have to?
D. Why not?
9. Dad: Do you want any breakfast?
Emma: ______. I’m really hungry.
A. I’m not sure
B. Well, if you insist
C. I can go without it
D. Yes, I do
10. John: I’m tired. I’m having next week off.
Lily: ______. The break will do you good.
A. What happened to you?
B. Are you serious?
C. That’s a good idea.
D. You don’t really mean it, do you?
11. Mark: I don’t know about you, but I’m fed up with this wet weather.
Linda: ______. I’m just looking for some sunshine.
A. Me, too
B. Neither do I.
C. Who knows?
D. It’s Ok.
12. Mary: What was the match like?
Lucas: ______, especially when Messi scored in the closing minutes.
A. It made me sleepy
B. It was a joke
C. It was a dull game
D. It was really exciting
13. Speaker A: Could I meet with you to dicuss the preparation?
Speaker B: Good. We could meet on Tuesday or Wednesday. ______?
Speaker A. Tuesday would be good for me.
A. How about you
B. Which day would you prefer
C. Any other suggestions
D. Is it good for you
14. Husband: You aren’t going out dressed like that, are you?
Wife: ______? I thought I looked really smart.
A.Can you believe it
B.Be nice, Ok
C.How do you think of it
D.Why? What’s wrong with it
15. Josh: Give me your homework so I can copy it.
Ellen: ______ You should do it yourself.
C. I’ll tell you what.
D. What seems to be the problem?
Part II Reading Comprehension (40 Points)
Directions:There are 4 passages in this part. Each o f the passages is followed by 5questions or unfinished statements. For each of them there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the best one and mark your answer on theANSWER SHEET.
A few centuies ago, people looked at the birds and wondered what it would be like to fly like them. There were stories of heroes who glued bird feathers on their arms and flew up into the sky. About 500 years ago, some people dreamed a different dream. Instead of flying up to the sky, they dreamed of falling from the sky!
In the 15thcentury, Italian inventors designed a cone-shaped(锥形) device that was supposed to bring a man down safely from a great height. The operator held on to a handle with a straps strapped to his waist. This was the first known design for a parachute (降落伞).
Even the great inventor Leonardo da Vinci sketched a type of parachute. His parachute design was in the shape of pyramid(金字塔). Other inventors also sketched their own designs for a parachute. Unfortunately, these were only designs on paper and no one tested them.
A Croatian inventor named Fausto Veranzio looked at Leonardo da Vinci’s parachute design and replaced the pyramid shape with one that looked like a sail from a ship. When Veranzio was 65years old, he fell ill. Thinking he would not live longer, he decided to try out his parachute invention. He built his parachute using wood and cloth. Straping his invention to his waist, he jumped off the tall bell tower in his city. He landed safely! He was supposedly the first man to successfully use a parachute. However, some other people thought this story was not true. If that was the case, then the first person to successfully use a parachute would go to a Frenchman named Louis-Sebastien Lenormand in 1783.
16. The first known parachute was designed by ______.
A. Frenchman B. Italian C. Croatians D. Englishmen
17. Leonardo da Vinci’s parachute was shaped like a ______.
A. coneB. feather C. pyramid D. sail
18. Which of the following is about Fausto Veranzio is true?
A. He copied da Vinci’s parachute design.
B. He made his parachute with feather and wood.
C. He experimented with his parachute many times.
D. He decided to try his parachute after he was seriously ill.
19. As for the first man who successfully used a parachute, ______.
A. it was said to be Leonardo da Vinci
B. we know for sure he was Veranzio
C. there were some historical records
D. we don’t know for sure yet
20. The passage is mainly about ______.
A. the origin of the parachute
B.The dreams of flying and falling
C. the courage of dropping from the sky
D. the application of parachute invention
Out of all the students who enroll in a massive open online course(MOOC), only about 5 percent complete the course and receive a certificate accomplishment. This statistic is often cited as evidence that MOOCs are fatally flawed(缺陷的)and offer little educational value to most students. Yet more than 80 percent of students who fill out a post-course survey say they met their primary objective. How do we look at these two facts?
We’re used to focusing on completion rates in higher education, but they’re not the only-or even the most meaningful – indicator of engagement in open online courses. With no cost to enroll, no punishment for dropping out, and little reward for actually earning a certificate, MOOCs are fundamentally different from traditional calssess – and students use them in fundamentally different ways.
Data from more than 1.8 million students erolled in 36 MOOCs offered by the University of Pennsylvania show that students treat MOOCs like a buffet (自助餐), sampling the material according to their interests and career goals. Some are curious about the subject matter and just watch one or two video lectures; others use the discussion forums to connect with their intellectual peers around the world. Of all enrolled students, nearly 60 percent watch at least one vedio, complete at least one assignment, or post at least once in a forum.
So focusing on the tiny fraction of students who complete a MOCCs is misguided.
The more important number is the 60 percent engagement rate. Students may not finish a MOOC with a certificate of accomplishment, but the courses nonetheless meet the educational goals of millions.
21. What do we learn about MOOCs from Para.1?
A. There seems to be conflicting statistics about MOOCs.
B. It turns out that MOOCs have failed people’s expectations.
C. Most students find it hard to judge the value of MOOcs.
D. The educational value of MOOCs is well acknowledged.
22. In Para.2, the author stresses ______.
A. the primary objective of MOOC students
B. the significance of competion rates in education
C. the strengths and weakness of open online courses
D. the differences between MOOCc and trditional classes
23. According to Para. 3, students choose MOOCs for the following reasons EXCEPT ______.
A. earning a certificate
B. improving job-related skills
C. meeting their interest in the subjects
D. exchanging ideas with students worldwide
24. The sentence “students treat MOOCs as a buffet” (Para.3) ______.
A. emphasizes the core value of MOCCs
B. demonstrates the daily operation of MOOCd
C. indicates students are free to choose MOOC resources
D. explains what students learn from MOOC courses
25. What is the author’s attitude toward MOOCs?
A. Critical B. Supportive. C. Indifferent. D. Neutral.
Whether you are hiking through徒步the magnificent redwoods of Northern California, sleeping under the brilliant stars of the Texas sky or watching the sun rise across the rocky cliffs of Maine, expecting the outdoor world can be inspiring, thrilling, and deeply satisfying. And one of the best ways to enjoy the abundant gifts of the natural world is simple, inexpensive, and available to almost every one. Let’s go camping.
When you camp, you create a “home away from home” in the fresh air. You don’t need a lot of fency equipment to enjoy camping. What you need is simply a tent large enough for your family. Practice setting up the tent at home to make sure you are familiar with the process before you go camping.
Once you find a good site, it’s time to set up tent. Your first job is to set up your tent. Remove all sticks and rocks from the area. Spread a tarp (防水帆布) over the area where your tent will sit. Set up the tent and be sure to stake it down firmly, even if the weather is mild. Otherwise, strong wind can blow your tent away.
Next, you’ll need some firewood for a campfire. If gathering wood is illegal at your campground, you must buy it at the camp store. If gathering dead wood is permitted, go on a firewood-hunting journey and bring in a good supply of wood for your campsite, pile the wood safely away from the campfire ring and where no one will trip over the wood or hurt his or her legs on sharp branches.
Being a responsible camper requires that you follow the rules of the campground. Do not burn food or plastic in your campfire. Make sure that you leave your campsite in good condition for the next campers. Just before leaving the site, make a final check to be certain that your campfire is completely out. Pour water on the ashes just to be safe!
26. As is suggested by the aurhor, you should practice setting up your tent ______.
A. before the weather turns bad
B. before your first camping up
C. after having selected your campsite
D. once you have decided where to go
27. What is the first thing you should do after choosing a campsite?
A. Gather firewood.
B. Spread a tarp on the ground.
C. Set up the tent.
D. Remove sticks and rocks from the tent area.
28. You can gather firewood only ______.
A. after you are sure that it is permitted
B. after you are certain that no one will get hurt
C. if there is no camp store nearby
D. if firewood is out of stock in a camp store
29. The last thing you should do before leaving your campsite is ______.
A. burn all the trash
B. clean the campsite
C. pour water on the ashes
D. collect all the rubbish
30. The passage is mainly about ______.
A. safety measures a camper should take
B. problems you may face as a camper
C. what you need to know about camping
D. what you need to bring along for camping
Every country has secret services to help protect it against serious threats from terrorists, major criminals or even from other countries. People who threaten to harm a country always plot in secret, so the intelligence agencies have to work in secret to find out what is being planned before it happens, so that it can be prevented. They do that in many different ways – by secretly listening to their targets talking on the phone, by planting microphongs to overhear meetings, by watching the targets as they move from place to place and by recruiting some of the targets to act as double agents to report on what is going on.
For most of my career I worked in one of the UK’s three intelligence services, MIS, the domestic security service. I first joined in the 1970s, in the middle of the Gold War, when the war was pided into two armed camps, the Soviet Union(前苏联) and its allies on the one side and Western Europe, America and their allies on the other. The Gold War never became a fighting war. It was an intelligence war, with intelligence officers from both sides trying to find out what the other side was doing, what kind of weapons they had, when and if they might start a war and what their plans were. Both sides were secretly working in each other’s countries.
Nowadays one of the biggest threats to the world, comes from terrorists. Intelligence officers from many differenct countries are working together to find out who they are., where they are and what they are planning. Today’s MIS officers get their intelligence in much the same way as we did during the Gold War, but their task is even more difficult and urgent because most terrorists want to kill people. Many terrorist attacks that are planned and prepared never happen, and we never know anything about them because the intelligence services find them out and prevent them.
31. What is the first paragraph mainly about?
A. The tasks of intelligence agencies.
B. The contributions of intelligence agencies.
C. The equipment used by intelligence agents.
D. The recruitment of intelligence agents.
32. The biggest security threats for Britain in the 1970s were from ______.
A. international terrorists
B. the Soviet Union and its allies
C. major criminals within the country
D. agents working for both camps
33. What is true about the Gold War?
A. Both camps were planning to start a war.
B. It was a war fought with advanced weapons.
C. No fierce clash broke out during the period.
D. It is not regarded as an intelligence war.
34. MIS officers’ task is more urgent today in that ______.
A. terrorists are more difficult to find than spies
B. most terrorist attacks are aimed at killing people
C. terrorist attacks happen more frequently than before
D. it takes only a little time to prepare a terrorist attack
35. The best title for the passage might be “ ______ ”.
A. Ways of Gathering Intelligence
B. National Defense Against All Threats
C. Which Is More Threatening: Terrorists Or Spies?
D. What We Do As Intelligence Officers
Part III Vocabulary and Structure (20 points)
Directions:There are 40 incomplete sentences in this section．For each sentence there are 4 choices marked A,B,C and D. Choose the one that best completes the sentence. Mark your answer on theANSWER SHEET.
36. I didn’t believe in this treatment before, but after I tried I found that it really ______.
A. workedB. mattered C. passed D. did
37. It is important for a child to share toys in order to ______ good social skills,
A. release B. invent C. develop D. start
38. She refers to me as her closest and dearest friend, ______ we met just two weeks ago.
A. asB. even ifC. as though D. even though
39. When you get upset, you should take deep breaths to main a sense of ______.
A. calmB. humorC. dutyD. security
40. ______ they have the same name, American and English football are very different.
A. SinceB. AlthoughC. ForD. Whereas
41. Emily Dickinson did not become popular ______ her death, when much of her writing was discovered.
A. untilB. soon afterC. shortly before D. up till
42. My ex-boyfriend’s presence at the party made me ______, so every time he came near, I headed in the other direction.
A. puzzledB. delightedC. uncomfortable D. interested
43. The horse race was so close that we had to watch a playback of the video to ______ the winner.
A. realizeB. announceC. award D. determine判断
44. The animals, highly sensitive to pollution, can ______ monitor of water quality.
A. serve as B. work forC. cope with D. relate
45. The drama school, ______ places to students who can show talent.
A. donatesB. offersC. lists D. supplies
46. When my girlfriend told me I had tomato sauce all over my lips, I ______ reached for a napkin.
A. graduallyB. immediatelyC. reluctantlyD. skillfully
47. Kay wanted to pull her hair out(发怒) ______ because her busy schedule did not allow time for relaxation.
A. in amusementB. with excitement
C. in frustrationD. with boredom
48. Transport is not included but can be arranged at your ______.应贵方要求
A. desireB. requestC. wish D. demand按你的要求
49. It is a challenging task, one that should not be taken ______.
A. seriouslyB. fullyC. lightlyD. quickly
50. The windows will allow a clear ______ of the beach.
A. look B. sight C. vision D. view
51. More and more people come from rural areas ______ better job opportunities.
A. in charge ofB. in search ofC. in memory ofD. in honor of
52. ______ the damage is done, not even modern surgery can undo it entirely.
A. Though B. ForC. OnceD. Unless
53. He ______ that I am unqualified for the job, even though he didn’t come out and say it directly.
A. claimedB. impliedC. declaredD. inferred
54. If you continue to eat junk food, you’ll ______ sick and overweight.
A. give in B. go on C. set offD. end up
55. Hard as they try, these birds have ______ small wings that they can not fly.
A. such B. so C. too D. that
56. Is there a connection between _____ you eat and maintaining good health?
A. that B. which C. what D. whatever
57. Who smokes more, educated people ______ less educated people?
A. and B. orC. but D. as
58. Thanks to the angle ______ he stood, he could see the sunset.幸亏他站的角度合适,他才能看到日落。
A. at whichB. in which C. at that D. in that
59. He doesn’t talk too much, but what he says is always ____ the point.
A. for B. on C. at D. to
60. I used to smoke, but I ______ anymore.
A. didn’t B. don’t C. wasn’t D. won’t.
61. The ice was not ______ to bear the weight of the men.
A. thick enough B. thick asC. too thick D. enough sick
62. We won’t be getting married until we ______ enough money.
A. will save B. save C. saved D. have saved
63. You ______ us, for we could have come to help you.
A. should tell B. should have told
C. would tellD. would have told
64. ______ like candlelight for creating a romantic mood.
A. They are nothingB. There are nothing
C. It is nothing D. There is nothing
65. He suffered from poor eyesight and could ______ read properly.
A. no moreB. no longer C. any more D. any longer
66. The systems remain basically the same as ____ in use half a century ago.
A. those B. that C. ones D. the one
67. Some people express their love through words, ______ others show their affection by giving presents.
A. when B. where C. while D. for
68. When we give the children ice cream, they immediately ceased ______.
A. crying B. to cry C. to be cryingD. cry
69. I read the newspaper every day ______ I can stay informed about current events.
A. in that B. so that C. in case thatD. for fear that
70. ______ many days in the desert, the explorer was relieved when he eventually found water.
A. Before B. During C. Within D. After
71. I didn’t realize that I passed the exit on the highway until it was ______.
A. too late B. a bit late C. rather earlyD. a bit early
72. The blue whale is ______ any other animal on earth.
A. no bigger than B. as big as
C. the biggest of D. bigger than
73. One of the basic rules of having a dog is that you ______ give it exercise every day.
A. will B. can C. may D. must
74. This was the last week of school and they ______ for their finals.
A. prepare B. were preparing
C. would prepare D. have prepared
75. The car was stolen while ______ in a Paris Street.
A. parking B. to be parkingC. parkedD. being parked
Part IVCloze Test (10 Points)
Directions:There are 10 blanks in the following passage. For each numbered blank, there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the best one and mark your answer on theANSWER SHEET.
Do you know what a resolution is? It’s a promise. Most promises are made ___76___ other people (“Mom, I’ll promise I’ll tidy my room when I get back from the beach”) ___77___, resolutions are promises that you make to yourself. And New Year’s resolutions are those people promises make at the beginning of the year in the ___78___ that they will improve their lives. Some people write down their resolutions to remember them. But ____79__ the resolution is important enough, you ___80___ have to write it down but keep it in mind.
There are different kinds of resolutions. Some relate to ___81___ health, such as starting a workout program or ___82___ the amount of junk food (垃圾食品) that you eat. Many have to do with self improvement, such as ___83___ a hobby like painting or photography, or learning a musical instrument. Then there are resolutions that have to do with being better organized. ___84___ here might include using a weekly planner or organizing your school notes.
Despite these differences, there is one thing that most resolutions have ___85___.
People hardly keep them! The resolutions are too difficult to keep, or people simply forget. For this reason, some people argue that the best resolution is simply not to make any resolutions!
76. A. with B. byC. forD. to
77. A. However B. ThereforeC. LikewiseD. Incidentally
78. A. assumption B. hopeC. pledge D. resolve
79. A. though B. asC. ifD. because
80. A. couldn’t B. shouldn’tC. mustn’t D. wouldn’t
81. A. publicB. mentalC. physical D. normal
82. A. increasing B. limitingC. determiningD. retaining
83. A. taking up B. giving upC. holding down D. laying down
84. A. Variations B. ProblemsC. SamplesD. Examples
85. A. in common B. in persityC. in conclusion D. in favor
Part V. Writing (15 points)
Directions:Write an essay in about 120words on the topic of “It Is Hard to Succeed Without Confidence”. Give examples or your own experiences to support your idea. Write your essay on theANSWER SHEET.
本文标签：广东学位英语 历年真题 2015年广东学位英语真题完整版
- 2021 年 4 月广东学位英语真题(A ...10-14
- 2021级学位英语强化班 模拟测试（一）08-03